The process of moving BUE 2015/14.2 to a new server with the exact same name as the old server is pretty straightforward (but very long).
The entire procedure is in this PDF which I have tried and it works fine.
If you are moving to a new server with a different name, please use this post instead.
- Setup the new server. Install the same version of BUE, and run all LIVEUPDATES –on both the old and new servers. Verify that both servers are on the exact same version and updates.
- follow the PDF as is
- Note: Before step 4 in the PDF, if you are moving hardware, like a tape storage unit, disk based backups (to a local drive on the old server, etc.), you need to install that hardware prior to step 4.
- in our case we were moving a 3tb hard drive of disk based backups. Prior to step 4, we shutdown both servers. Removed the hard drive from the old server, moved it to the new server. Started up the new server and made sure the drive letter for the drive was the SAME as on the old server.
- If you are using other hardware, you need to go ahead an install that onto the new server prior to completing step 4.
- If all goes well you should be fine.