Out of the box, the Watchguard Firewall WebBlocker content filter does not permit YouTube (and other streaming videos) to play through the proxy and into your network.
To fix this, do the following:
- Log into the Watchguard Firewall
- Presuming you have already setup a Firewall proxy and are using the WebBlocker to filter content…
- Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions, and EDIT the current proxy you have custom defined.
- Go to HTTP RESPONSE->CONTENT TYPES
- ADD a new action, (ALLOW OR AV SCAN), Pattern match, video/*
- Retry playing your video (you may need to close out of your web browser and open it, and try another video, but this should solve the YouTube and other streaming video issues).
If you are having problems with iPhones or iPads (or any other device) playing through your Watchguard WebBlocker proxy (via your Watchguard firewall), the fix is very simple.
Presuming you have one of the latest firmwares (11.6.x as of today) and are using WebBlocker with a proxy combined with the content filtering…
Log into the Watchguard
Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions
Select and Edit the proxy setup you are using in your network. (you must NOT be using a predefined one, you must make your own).
Go to HTTP Proxy Exceptions
add the following:
so that your entries look like this:
Save your changes.
Re-test your app and the application should play.
This worked perfectly on our network and our i-Devices.