If you get this maintenance plan error for MAINTENANCE CLEANUP TASK within your error logs and your maintenance jobs are under Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) I have an easy fix for you.
This is the error:
Executing the query “EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_delete_file 0,N”,N”,N’2014…” failed with the following error: “Error executing extended stored procedure: Invalid Parameter”. Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, “ResultSet” property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
Make sure the following fields are completed (file path) and that you are using *.* in the extension.
I recently came across this situation on a client site where they wanted to change their domain from something like www.whatever.com to www.whatever-new-site.com and their site runs on WordPress 3.91. This is also applicable if you develop a site on a testing url like “testing.whateverdomain.com” and you want to change the site to run off “www.whateverdomain.com” when it goes live. After a lot of research and trial & error, here is the easiest approach to handle this.
- go to plugins and download and install Velvet Blues Update URLs 3.2.2
- go to TOOLS -> Update URLs
- enter the OLD DOMAIN and the NEW DOMAIN
- check all the checkboxes that apply (I have always checked all 6 checkboxes and never had any issues)
- click on UPDATE URLs NOW
- go to settings -> general and update the domain info in there. Save the changes.
- At this point you need to adjust your web server settings to begin serving and responding to the site on the new domain name.
- You can now access the site from the new domain name and all should be fine!