How to permit Google Fonts through your Watchguard WebBlocker content filter proxy
Out of the box, the Watchguard Firewall WebBlocker content filter does not permit Google Fonts to download and be viewed through the proxy and into your network. This creates a problem because a lot of websites now use embedded fonts to properly render the website.
To fix this, do the following:
- Log into the Watchguard Firewall
- Presuming you have already setup a Firewall proxy and are using the WebBlocker to filter content…
- Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions, and EDIT the current proxy you have custom defined.
- Go to HTTP RESPONSE->CONTENT TYPES
- ADD the following new actions (below). You will need to add ALL FIVE to make this work properly.
Add the following actions: