How to permit YouTube videos and other videos to play through a Watchguard WebBlocker proxy
Out of the box, the Watchguard Firewall WebBlocker content filter does not permit YouTube (and other streaming videos) to play through the proxy and into your network.
To fix this, do the following:
- Log into the Watchguard Firewall
- Presuming you have already setup a Firewall proxy and are using the WebBlocker to filter content…
- Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions, and EDIT the current proxy you have custom defined.
- Go to HTTP RESPONSE->CONTENT TYPES
- ADD a new action, (ALLOW OR AV SCAN), Pattern match, video/*
- Retry playing your video (you may need to close out of your web browser and open it, and try another video, but this should solve the YouTube and other streaming video issues).