How to permit ZIP files through your Watchguard WebBlocker content filter proxy
Out of the box, the Watchguard Firewall WebBlocker content filter does not permit ZIP files to be downloaded inside your network.
To fix this, do the following:
- Log into the Watchguard Firewall
- Presuming you have already setup a Firewall proxy and are using the WebBlocker to filter content…
- Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions, and EDIT the current proxy you have custom defined.
- Go to HTTP RESPONSE->CONTENT TYPES
- ADD a new action, (ALLOW OR AV SCAN), Pattern match, application/x-zip-compressed
- Retry downloading your ZIP file (you may need to close out of your web browser and open it, and try again but this should solve the ZIP file downloading).