Out of the box, the Watchguard Firewall WebBlocker content filter does not permit ZIP files to be downloaded inside your network.
To fix this, do the following:
- Log into the Watchguard Firewall
- Presuming you have already setup a Firewall proxy and are using the WebBlocker to filter content…
- Go to Firewall->Proxy Actions, and EDIT the current proxy you have custom defined.
- Go to HTTP RESPONSE->CONTENT TYPES
- ADD a new action, (ALLOW OR AV SCAN), Pattern match, application/x-zip-compressed
- Retry downloading your ZIP file (you may need to close out of your web browser and open it, and try again but this should solve the ZIP file downloading).